Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Airfry: Bacon wrapped asparagus & enoki mushroom

Warning: irresistible delight ahead! Suggest to make in batches and keep secret stash before main meal begins.. Else it might be gone before your guests arrive!

Ingredients:
Streaky bacon (I bought mine from cold storage, vacuum sealed bacon - abt 20 slices inside)
Asparagus (I bought organic asparagus coz the regular ones looked thick and brown. Could not find baby asparagus that day)
Enoki mushroom

Preparation:
1) rinse asparagus and half them
2) rinse enoki and set aside
3) lay a slice of bacon on your working area (I did this on my chopping board) 
4) take 4pcs of asparagus (2 "heads" and 2 "bottom") and a small sprig of enoki and lay them on bacon
5) roll bacon slightly diagonal so that most of the asparagus/mushroom is wrapped.


Instructions:
1) preheat air fryer 180oC for 5min
2) lay assembled rolls in air fryer basket (I initially put them in an aluminum tray but the fats collected was quite horrifying and I didn't want my rolls to be soaked in them! Hence I opted to wash the air fryer basket and base rather than disposables)
3) air fry at 180oC for 8-10min (I did mine at 10min and was satisfied with results so I stopped here)

(Additional optional step)
4) open and turn rolls
5) air fry another 3-5min at same temp. 



And this is what the husband says "the airfryer is a good buy... Just for this!" As he takes yet another one and pops it into his mouth...;) 

1 comment:

B Stifen said...

Now a days everybody use the best air fryer not oven. It's need for a single or joint family. Now I am using air fryer to cook this type food, also take 2 air fryers.
thank you